Friday, March 16, 2012

absence makes the heart grow fonder

Remember when I said I would be back later in the week to post a recipe?

Oops.

Forgive me?

To make amends, I will catch you up on my life of recent weeks. And then I will try, with little baby steps, to make this blog less of a desert and more of a lush rainforest.

I ventured to Miami in the middle of February to spend some sunny time with some great friends, and to celebrate a wedding.







 I cooked some things, and tried to take pictures of them.




















I kept running, and kept enjoying it, and then bam! my shins started to hurt, and now I look like this most evenings:
 



















So now, I work, and I stretch and try to heal my troublesome shins (while filling my late afternoons with other feisty things like yoga and Jillian Michaels), and I read (currently The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest), and I cook. For my love, for my family, and for my friends.

The weather is getting warmer, and I can feel the world starting to come out of hibernation (myself included). More fun to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment