Thursday, January 31, 2013

2013 Resolutions

Resolutions end up feeling a lot like a to do list, but I make them anyway. I like the intentions behind them, and even if you only accomplish one, it's a step in a good direction. I waited this long to jump on the "post your resolution" bandwagon because I had a long list on the first of the year and I wanted to keep only the ones that really felt important after trying them out for a month:



















1. Simplify. An ubiquitous resolution this year. I always have a full plate and I find that I can keep my stress and anxiety in check if I keep things clean and simple. Doesn't life feel so much less chaotic when the bed is made and there is homemade soup in the fridge? Keeping things simple and stress-free is the only way I manage to stop and enjoy the little things.



















2. Photo-ify. I really want my SOOC (straight out of the camera) photos to improve, as I'm hopeless at Photoshop (maybe that can be a resolution for next year?). For this year, I'd like to be less afraid to lug my DSLR around and more inclined to use the remote so that I can be in my own photos. I have high hopes of fun little trips in my future and I'd love to have the tangible memories of photos for all of them!



















3. Health-ify. Specifically, though, I would like to eat more vegetables than I already do and make weekly or monthly fitness goals, instead of being an overachiever and failing to meet a standard set too high. Feed my body, not my diet.

Now to get to it! Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment